We want to eliminate plastic pollution by raising awareness of the significant impacts on our oceans and wildlife of microplastics and dangerous plastic debris.
5 things you can do to help reduce plastic pollution
Here are our top 5 tips for reducing plastic waste and the amount of pollution that ends up in the marine ecosystem:
- Say NO to plastic bags! Use string or canvas bags instead and have them readily available for those unexpected shops.
- Get yourself a reusable water bottle and drink our beautiful water for FREE!
- Say NO to straws! These are one of the most commonly found items in our beach cleans. That’s what your lips are for.
- Bring your own coffee cup to the cafe, or better still take a moment and enjoy it in the cafe.
- Avoid using balloons for your outdoor parties. Inevitably they go AWOL, end up in our oceans and sometimes in turtles’ tummies.
Continue exploring more about our marine conservation work and see how you can help our charity.