If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact Claudette Rechtorik at 8251 7800.
Collection of Information
In order to use the SEA LIFE Trust website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible.
All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, donations, support and accounts, including email.
Any information collected by SEA LIFE Conservation Trust is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, email, mail, fax or directly through our website.
Use of Collection Information
Any details collected from SEA LIFE Conservation Trust supporters is required in order to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service.
Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service references, and to assist in our staff development.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Collected Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
SEA LIFE Conservation Trust uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as emails, accounts information, and critical service details. We may also use this information for other
purposes, including some promotional emails. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the unsubscribe option at the bottom of newsletters.
You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
SEA LIFE Conservation Trust may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide
that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
SEA LIFE Conservation Trust does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
Links on the SEA LIFE Conservation Trust site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.sealifetrust.org.au, www.oceanyouth.org.au, www.sharkwatch.org.au and www.turtlewatch.org.au.
SEA LIFE Conservation Trust Security Policy
SEA LIFE Conservation Trust uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of New Zealand merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by SEA LIFE Conservation Trust or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by SEA LIFE Conservation Trust.
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (if you have provided your email address). We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. We will attempt to send your goods via mail within 14 working days; however if goods are unavailable delivery will take a little longer.
If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at email@example.com
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (if you have provided your email address). We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. We will attempt to send your software/license/access code via email within 7 working days.
If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund & Returns Policy
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you have a 7 day money-back guarantee from the time you receive the goods. Please email us at email@example.com within that time if you are not satisfied with your purchase so that we can resolve any problems.
This refund policy does not apply to goods which have been worn or used, damaged after delivery, or if any attempt has been made to alter the product or if they have been dropped or broken. All products must be returned in their original condition. All postage and insurance costs are to be paid by the buyer. We recommend that you return the product via Registered post and that you pre pay all postage.
You assume any risk of lost, theft or damaged goods during transit & therefore advise you take out shipment registration of insurance with your postal carrier. SEA LIFE Conservation Trust will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit if you choose not to insure.
If you have any enquiries regarding this document and the payment services offered by eWAY please visit our website at eway.io/nz
Entertainments Group Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Merlin Entertainments Group Limited of 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset BH15 1NQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site SEA LIFE Trust (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings including your credit/debit card details.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Your name, address, telephone number and/or email address in order to contact you with details of your booking or in the unlikely event that we need to contact you urgently about your booking.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve our site further.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Your data will not be used in this way and we will not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes unless you tick the relevant box located on our petitions or newsletter sign up forms.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Merlin Entertainments Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.